Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Muslim husband owns feminist wife

Liberals are quick to attack conservatives for violence and misogyny—but continue to give Islam a free pass.
Radical left-wing activist, Lacy MacAuley, who leads violent protest group “Antifa” in Washington, DC, came to regret that stance—after she accompanied her Muslim boyfriend to his homeland of Turkey, where “misogyny and patriarchy run deep.”

The Gateway Pundit dug up a ten-month-old archived blog post from MacAuley’s website. Called, “My experience of intimate partner violence, trapped in Turkey,” MacAuley explains her experience:

I fell in love with an energetic, charismatic activist I met in November when I was present to write about resistance to the G20 Summit, a global event in Antalya, Turkey. After I came home to the US, we talked every day. He was lovely and charming, I thought at the time. He offered a ready smile, engaging kindness, and intelligent conversation. He said all the right things to convince me that he cared about women’s rights and activism. In February, I decided to return to Turkey with the promise of love driving me forward. I couldn’t have known things would turn sour.

She then describes their first fight:

“I had wanted to interview a local woman for an article on Syrian refugees. He did not approve. He knew the woman and did not like her, so he strictly forbade me from speaking with her… I just stood in the middle of the room not knowing what to do. Of course, as a Western woman, no one had ever forbidden me from speaking with anyone else. It was a strange feeling: Don’t I have a mouth to speak? Why can I not use it as I wish?

This is elementary feminism. No man has the power to silence a woman, just because he is a man.”


Things only got worse from there:

“Things deteriorated rapidly,” she wrote. “His insecurity and childishness got worse. In the following weeks, I was violently pushed, blocked from leaving freely, and repeatedly told not to speak. If I spoke anyway, anger erupted… Unwanted sex? Rape? All the time. He did not stop to determine whether I consented to sex. Several times, he turned off my wifi and lied about it, a modern-day form of gaslighting. He verbally criticized me for using social media, my main link to the rest of my life back in the US, and tried to discourage me from using it.”

Through it all, MacAuley couldn’t quite understand how a Muslim man so dedicated to liberal causes could be anything less than a feminist:

“I couldn’t have guessed that this man, who said he cared about women’s rights, who spoke of how many activist friends that he had, who had participated in many protests in the past, would turn on me, and that he would become so angry and irrational.”

Though MacAuley doesn’t seem to realize it, she answers her own question later in the blog post:

“One-third of men surveyed in Turkey in 2013 stated that it is “occasionally necessary” to commit acts of violence against women, and 28 percent stated that violence could be used to ‘discipline women.’ I did not want to believe that I was in this statistic.”

Upon leaving Turkey, MacAuley has continued her work to rally against “totalitarianism” and “sexism” in the United States.

But like many liberals, she seems to still be unaware that the fact that women, minorities, and just about everyone else, are more free and more respected in the United States than most of the world.


Source

Some call this unfortunate. I call it karma.

No comments: